Winnipeg, MB – Premium Loge Seating, a Premium Party Lounge, in-seat service, a video scoreboard and concession upgrades including digital menu boards are just some of the changes coming to Wayne Fleming Arena at the University of Manitoba campus.
On Thursday, 50 Below Sports + Entertainment announced its investment plans in partnership with the U of M.
Listed below are the upgrades that will take place at Wayne Fleming Arena:
Once the 2019-2020 Western Hockey League regular season begins, seating capacity at Wayne Fleming Arena will be increased from 1,400 to 1,600.
To accommodate for the added seating, a new balcony will be added on the east side of the arena. This is where the Premium Loge Seating will be located which will provide patrons with an excellent elevated view of the ice surface. In addition, a Premium Party Lounge will be created providing a close-up view of the action at ice level.
The Winnipeg ICE in-game experience will be enhanced with in-seat service in partnership with the University of Manitoba Dining Services and Aramark.
Regular and Premium Seating will be provided in-seat service of confectionary menu items like fresh popcorn, chocolate bars, salted peanuts, cotton candy, chips and beverages.
The Premium Party Lounge and Premium Loge Seating will be offered the same in-seat service of confectionary items and beverages, along with an expanded menu featuring Premium ICE Meals (menu still to be announced), as well as other Fan Fare Favourites including Loaded Nachos, Beef Burger on a French Bun, Chicago Style Hot Dog, Poutine Trio or French Fries New York Style.
The concession areas within Wayne Fleming Arena will be upgraded. Digital menu boards will be installed prior to the 2019-2020 Western Hockey League regular season. Aramark will be introducing Rotating Features (one main feature per game) such as taco-in-a-bag, pizza by the slice, boneless chicken bites and other delicious grab-and-go items, along with a signature ICE float and a variety of ice cream sandwiches. Mobile units will be available on the concourse offering pizza, mini doughnuts, pretzels and cotton candy. Fan Fare Favourites and Premium ICE Meals will be available to all patrons at the main concession on the north side of the arena.
In addition, the ICE will be offering a VIP Lounge pre and post game experience during weekend games. The experience will include a pre-sold buffet with menu themes that change from game to game. The pre-game VIP Lounge will feature menus like a Pasta or Taco Bar, a Chili, East Indian, Mediterranean or Ukrainian buffet, Pub-Style Fare Menu or Beef-on-a-Bun. The post game experience will allow fans the opportunity to enjoy beverages on site. The VIP Lounge provides patrons with the chance to enjoy a great meal, a venue to host clients or a convenient location to extend their night out pre or post game.
One of the most noticeable additions to Wayne Fleming Arena will be the video scoreboard located over center ice. The scoreboard will provide fans with an enhanced game experience including replays, in-game entertainment and more. It will be installed and operational prior to the start of the 2019-2020 Western Hockey League regular season.
MEDIA AREA UPGRADES
The existing media area on the east side of Wayne Fleming Arena is being expanded and enhanced. A new balcony with seating along center ice is being created along with additional camera positions. The balcony will provide a countertop work surface as well as power and data for the use of laptops and other equipment.
Other improvements to the media area include new paint and flooring finishes, new furniture, lighting, power, data and wifi. The room will also include an area for video replay.
OTHER ARENA UPGRADES
Additional arena upgrades include the following:
- New arena glass will be installed.
- New safety netting will be installed at each end of the arena.
- New flooring suitable for skate blades will be installed from the dressing rooms to the ice surface.
- Protection will be installed at the entrance tunnels for the safety of the visiting players and officials.
- The visitors dressing room will be upgraded with new flooring, overhead millwork for storage of equipment, as well as timing clocks.
WAYNE FLEMING ARENA RENDERINGS
Below are a number of renderings of what Wayne Fleming Arena will look like during the 2019-2020 Winnipeg ICE regular season:
ICE ANNOUNCE SEASON SEAT MEMBERSHIPS CAN BE PURCHASED FOR ONLY $45.75 PER MONTH
Below are the prices for 2019-2020 Winnipeg ICE season seat memberships:
||MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEE
|Season Seat Regular
|Premium Party Lounge
|Premium Loge Seating
Applicable ticket processing fees and taxes not included in the prices listed above
Winnipeg ICE season seat memberships include all 34 ICE home games. Season seats will be available on a monthly season seat membership for as low as $45.75 per month.
Walk-up tickets are currently not available for the 2019-2020 season due to the limited seating capacity. Limited individual tickets may become available for select games during the season should the team have the ability to release unused tickets on hold for the WHL and team personnel.
WINNIPEG ICE SEASON SEAT SELECTION PROCESS BEGINS FRIDAY, MAY 10
Beginning at 11 a.m. Central Time (CT) on Friday, May 10, the seat selection process will begin for Winnipeg ICE season seat deposit holders.
What does the season seat selection process look like?
Priority seat selection will begin on Friday May 10 at 11:00 a.m. CT in the order in which patrons purchased deposits. At 11:00 a.m., the first group of people who purchased deposits will be allowed to select and purchase their season seats. For one hour, those individuals will be the only ones provided the opportunity to select and purchase their season seats.
At 12:00 p.m. CT, the next group on the deposit list will be given the opportunity to select and purchase their season seats. It’s important to note, for those individuals in the first group that didn’t select and purchase their season seats, they can still do so following 12:00 p.m.
At 1:00 p.m. CT, the next group on the deposit list will be given the opportunity to select and purchase their season seats. This process will continue until all deposit holders have been given the chance to select and purchase season seats.
What happens if I don’t select and purchase my season seat membership on the first day of the season seat selection process?
Don’t worry, all Winnipeg ICE season seat deposit holders will have an exclusive window of five days (Friday, May 10- Tuesday, May 14) to select and purchase their season seat memberships. Even if they haven’t purchased during that window, they will still be able to buy season seats beyond May 14.
Approximately 200 seats, coinciding with the expanded capacity, will be available beyond the priority seat selection beginning on Friday, May 17 at 9 a.m. Individuals wanting to purchase season seat memberships can go to winnipegICE.ca.
HOW TO SELECT AND PURCHASE WINNIPEG ICE SEASON SEAT MEMBERSHIPS
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to select and purchase Winnipeg ICE season seat memberships online:
- Click the light blue coloured ‘Login’ button near the top right corner of the screen.
- After logging in, it will take you to a page with the wording ‘Please select one of the following’. Click on the large ‘Winnipeg ICE Season Seat Selection’ blue button.
- You will be on the ‘Winnipeg ICE Season Seat Selection page’. Click the ‘Find Tickets’ blue button on the right side of the screen.
- Choose a section.
- Once you choose a section, a number of available seats will appear on your screen. The green circles indicate available seats while the grey circles indicate seats that aren’t available.
- Click on the seat you would like to purchase. A small white window will appear. Click on the ‘Select’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Select’ button, a blue banner will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click on the word ‘Checkout’ in the bottom right.
- After clicking ‘Checkout’, a popup will appear to agree to the terms and conditions. You must select the box to be able to continue to the cart page. Terms and conditions can be viewed by clicking the link.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, you will be taken to the ‘Your Cart’ page. Click on one of the three billing options under the words ‘Billing Method’.
- Once you have chosen your billing method, click the large green ‘Checkout’ button on the right side.
- This will take you to the ‘Edit Payment Information’ screen. Place your credit card information in the area provided. Please note there is a six-minute time limit to insert your information. You will have to start the process again if you exceed the time limit.
- Once you’ve inserted your credit card information, click the blue ‘Place Your Order’ button near the bottom of your screen.
- A screen confirming your purchase will appear.
- OPTIONAL: Under the tab titled ‘You May Also Like’, you can purchase a Parking Pass or Winnipeg Blues season seats.
In addition, the Winnipeg ICE are making available three payment options which include full, quarterly and monthly. If individuals choose to pay quarterly, they will pay on the first of every fourth month beginning in May 2019. If individuals choose to pay monthly, they will pay on the first of the month beginning in May 2019. For those who purchase season seat memberships in any month other than May, they will need to catch up on the number of payment dates they missed. For example, if an individual purchases season seats on July 15, they would need to pay for May, June and July before beginning their monthly membership fee on August 1.
Individuals can pay for their season seats by using Visa or Mastercard.
SEASON SEAT MEMBER BENEFITS
Winnipeg ICE 2019-2020 season seat members will receive exclusive benefits which include:
- 10% off grocery purchases over $25 at De Luca’s Portage and De Luca’s South Landing (discount does not apply to coffee and pasta machines, catering, restaurant, cooking classes, event tickets, or gift card purchases). Offer valid from September 2019 to June 2020 with proof of ICE 2019-20 season seat card.
- 10% off regular priced ICE merchandise at home games as well as 10% off regular priced apparel at the ICE Shop in the RINK Training Centre (offer excludes equipment and skate sharpening services). Offer valid with proof of season seat holder card.
- 10% off of Premium ICE Meals available at ICE home games. Offer valid with proof of season seat holder card.
- $50 off of any 2019-2020 Fall/ Winter RINK Player or Goalie program at the RINK Training Centre (Testify Performance included). One offer per season seat holder with proof of ID. Season seat holder must register the player/ goalie of their choice in person at the RINK Training Centre to apply the discount to a qualifying 2019-2020 fall or winter program.
More season seat member benefits may be announced at a later date.
PARKING PASSES AVAILABLE
Winnipeg ICE season seat members will have the option of purchasing a parking pass for the 2019-2020 regular season. The pass will guarantee that individual a parking spot in close proximity to Wayne Fleming Arena. Parking passes can be purchased online during the season seat selection process.
Individuals who purchase a parking pass will have the opportunity to park in parking lots V, I, P and Q on the University of Manitoba campus. A parking pass holder won’t be able to choose specific stalls within the parking lot.
The parking pass will cost $225.00 (fees and taxes not included) for a full regular season. It does not include playoffs. A parking pass is not eligible for any payment plan. It will need to be paid in full at checkout during the season seat selection process.
More information on the distribution of season seat member cards and parking passes will be released closer to the start of the 2019-2020 regular season.
WINNIPEG BLUES SEASON SEATS NOW AVAILABLE
Winnipeg Blues 2019-2020 season seats are now available for purchase.
Below is the Winnipeg Blues season seat pricing chart:
|Season Seat Youth (Under 18)
Applicable ticket processing fees and taxes not included in the prices listed above
Starting the 2019-2020 regular season, the Winnipeg Blues will play their 30 home games out of the RINK Training Centre at 57 South Landing Drive, just off of McGillivray Boulevard. Seating capacity is 700.
There is no assigned seating at the Winnipeg Blues home arena. Instead, those who purchase season seats will be able to watch Blues games in any available seat inside the arena.
Winnipeg ICE season seat deposit holders can purchase Winnipeg Blues season seats online at the conclusion of the Winnipeg ICE season seat selection process.
CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE
The Winnipeg ICE customer service line is 204-489-7465. That is the number to call for any questions regarding Wayne Fleming Arena renovations, Winnipeg ICE season seat selection and payment process or any other of the above items.
Questions and inquiries can also be sent to email@example.com.