Winnipeg, MB – The Winnipeg ICE, in association with the Western Hockey League, announced today the complete 2021-22 Eastern Conference Regular Season schedule of games.
Each of the 12 Clubs in the Eastern Conference are slated to play 68 Regular Season contests beginning Friday, October 1, 2021 and ending Sunday, April 3, 2022.
The ICE will open the season Friday, October 1st in Brandon to start a home and home series. The two teams return to the ICE Cave inside Wayne Fleming Arena Saturday, October 2nd. The ICE and Wheat Kings will play 10 times during the regular season.
Following feedback from fans and season seat holders at the conclusion of the inaugural season we are pleased to announce revised start times for the 2021-22 season. All Sunday games will start at 5:00PM with the exception of Sunday November 7 which starts at 2:00PM. All other games will start at 7:00PM with a few noted exceptions in the 2021-22 schedule.
CLICK HERE for a downloadable PDF calendar version of the ICE home schedule.
Regular season schedule notes:
- Six of the first eight games are on home ice.
- 16 year old Connor Bedard leads the Regina Pats into Winnipeg for the first time Wednesday, October 6th.
- The longest homestand is seven games from November 24 to December 11 featuring games versus Swift Current, Medicine Hat, Prince Albert, Saskatoon twice and Edmonton twice.
- Christmas break is December 19-26.
- The longest road trip will be six games in 11 days February 18 – 27 with stops in Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Swift Current.
- The ICE will play their final two home games Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27, both versus Prince Albert.
- The 68 game schedule concludes with a three game road trip March 30 at Moose Jaw, April 1 at Regina, returning to Moose Jaw on April 2.
- The 34 road games will cover approximately 23,986 kilometers.
- October 13 games (6 home, 7 road)
- November 10 games (8 home, 2 road)
- December 11 games (5 home, 6 road)
- January 8 games (4 home, 4 road)
- February 10 games (4 home, 6 road)
- March 14 games (7 home, 7 road)
- April 2 games (0 home, 2 road)
The Winnipeg ICE promotional schedule will be released at a later date.
Join the Winnipeg ICE priority ticket list for when tickets go on sale. First to sign up means first access when tickets go on sale. CLICK HERE to join the Winnipeg ICE Priority Wait List to reserve your spot on the list for when season tickets go on sale and be entered for a chance to win a Peyton Krebs limited edition 2020-21 autographed puck and one of three Peyton Krebs mini bobbleheads.
About the Western Hockey League
Regarded as the world’s finest development league for junior hockey players, the Western Hockey League (WHL) head office is based in Calgary, Alberta. The WHL consists of 22 member Clubs with 17 located in Western Canada and five in the U.S. Pacific Northwest. A member of the Canadian Hockey League, the WHL has been a leading supplier of talent for the National Hockey League for over 50 years. The WHL is also the leading provider of hockey scholarships with over 375 graduates each year receiving WHL Scholarships to pursue a post-secondary education of their choice. Each season, WHL players also form the nucleus of Canada’s National Junior Hockey Team.